Search This Blog

Monday, October 3, 2011

Election 2008- My Dilemma, Part Deux (October 27, 2008)

Well, had a long talk with my brother and sister the other day. I still do not like McCain, but after learning some new information, I find it impossible to vote for Obama. I knew he was pro-abortion and pro-choice, but I did not realize that he has received a 100% rating from NARAL; at least I think that is the correct group. That changes alot. That means that he has a perfect anti-life voting record. Not sure how common that is, but it is bad.

My sister did point out that not voting for McCain could be seen as a tacit vote of support for Obama; at least I think that is what she said. I was driving at the time and may have missed a nuance of her meaning. Don't really agree with that, but I do think that McCain may be a palatable option, if a nose-holding one. I may even do a write in candidate.

One thing I do know is that there is no third-party I support. What this country needs is a equivalent to Germany's Christian-Democratic party. More on that in the future. Gotta go pick up 7th grade from Family Life.

Later.